Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Free Sparrow

IMG_9629

I want to start today's post by letting you all know that Classy Emma is about to undergo some major construction. I'm unhappy with the name of my blog, so I'm changing it. By Saturday, just about everything about this blog will be new. The title is changing to "Free Sparrow" (more on that later), the layout and icons will be different, I'm even changing the URL to finish it up (I'll keep you updated on that as well). That will be happening on Saturday. I wanted to let everyone know that there are no surprises and you know exactly what is coming.

IMG_9676

IMG_9687

Anyways! It rained most of today, but Olivia and I braved the weather and went to the zoo anyway. We're very lucky in Cleveland to have such an awesome zoo and despite the rain, it still proved to be plenty of fun! Most of the animals were still out and active, and I got to pull out my snazzy dome umbrella, which I take pretty much every opportunity to use.

IMG_9691

IMG_9692

I'm really excited about this transition of the blog! I've been thinking about it for a while now, but it took me a while to come up with a name that satisfied me. Every time I came up with something I liked, I would find out that it was already taken by a business or blog elsewhere. I turned to list-making and wrote out a whole bunch of words that I like. I tried out combination after combination, even brought in some French. Finally, I came up with "Free Sparrow". I love it because sparrows are light, pretty, and full of spirit. Plus, they're just downright adorable. The phrase "Free Sparrow" is also a sort of spin-off of "free spirit", which describes me very well.

Even though it's August, it's still been pretty chilly here in Cleveland. Today was definitely a jeans and cardigan kind of day. I also don't own a pair of rain boots (I really should invest in a pair), but my combat boots fought against the rain perfectly, and triumphed. By the end of our visit, the rain had let up and we were enjoying the sun :)

IMG_9742

IMG_9744

This is actually the first time in a while that I've worn jeans. I'm pretty proud of myself for setting aside my insecurities about my body and posting these photos, let alone taking them. It's probably my most comfortable pair of jeans. Then I pulled out one of my older button-down shirts and that awesome hand-me-down cardigan to go with them. I jazzed it up with my super sweet bottle cap belt and umbrella earrings, which were totally appropriate for the weather conditions of the day.

IMG_9693

Aug 7, 2013

I'm also SUPER excited about this bag! It's actually my brand new camera bag from Ona. I'm nuts about it. I'll do a spotlight post on this awesome bag later, after it survives my European excursions.

Aug 7, 20131

IMG_9623

It was a great day of zoo shenanigans, animals, and playing around in the Dinosaur Exhibit. Turns out my sister looks a lot like a t-rex...

What are your best zoo memories?

2 comments: