Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Blogging Story

The truth is... I'm not that much of a newbie blogger. I've actually been blogging for quite a long time! My blogging story starts about three years ago, when I was getting ready to embark on the biggest adventure of my life to date: my foreign exchange.



I was getting ready to go to Belgium and thought, hey, this is the perfect time to start a blog! It ended up being fairly successful, considering I didn't know about half of my followers and still continue to get hits on the page, even though I haven't posted in about two years. I was a diligent blogger back then; I hardly ever missed a day. When I did skip posting, I caught my readers up for every day I missed. My blog was full of adventures, stories, jokes, emotions, feelings, accomplishments, revelations, clever and very poignant writing. I was on fire.








P.S. I really enjoy flashbacks so don't be surprised to find more of where this came from!

Then, my exchange ended and I went back to every day life. I came back to the States and started a new blog. The problem was that my every day life wasn't that exciting. Not nearly exciting enough to write about daily. I tried time and time again to start another new blog with another new theme but they never took off because I was not passionate about them. Even when I went off on other adventures, such as my Disney College Program or when I was considering studying abroad in Italy, I never re-found that drive to blog like I did when I was overseas.

So what? You may ask. Not everyone has to be a blogger. Some of us can be readers, followers, or just not care at all. The thing was that I wanted to be a blogger. I envied those people who could find release and an outlet through blogging. I don't know why, but there is something so fascinating to me about the beautiful, put-together, well-written blog. I have seen many of them and I keep up with them and follow these people's lives. For some reason, I want to be followed, too. I want to be a part of this vast cyber community that covers everything from food to fashion to photography and beyond!

So I rolled up my sleeves and told myself, this is it. This time, you're going to do it right. The first thing I had to do was choose something that was so important to me that I would physically need to blog about it. I found that I am passionate about so many things that it was practically impossible to choose just one. I decided to just do it all. It would all be tied together by overlying philosophy: everything I do in life, I do with class. And Classy Emma was born. Whether it be cooking, crafting, exercising, shopping, whatever, I do it with class.



And here we are! A fun blog with things for people with many interests to enjoy. I hope you'll continue to stand by me along the way. And invite some friends while you're at it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment