Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Love Affair With Food

Food and I have been through a lot together. Food has gotten me through some really rough times, such as my homesick days in Belgium or my very sad breakups. It has also been there on the really awesome days, like birthdays and holidays! One thing is for sure, I love food.



In my quest to be as healthy as possible (and to lose those extra ten pounds...), I have done A LOT of research on food and our bodies. I have to admit, at times it sent me into full-blown panic attacks. I couldn't imagine how food could turn on us like that to screw with our internal sciences and make us walking balls of fat. I would get so worked up that I would be convinced that I had to hate food in order to finally become the thin, healthy version of me that I wanted to be. And what did that cause? Unhealthy habits and ungodly cravings.



Finally I learned to calm myself down and use my own brain to figure out how I wanted to live my life and form my own eating habits. I found that I can still LOVE food as much as I always have. In fact, loving food is how I got inspired to find new combinations, try new foods, and learn amazing things about the joys that eating can bring. Nothing says we can't enjoy our food. In my opinion, we can also splurge every now and then and have a (small) piece of that tempting chocolate cake. After all, what is life without a little indulgence? The keys are just moderation and learning to respect your body enough to want to take care of it.



Not only do I love preparing and eating food, I also love photographing it. If you couldn't already tell... I have a tendency to take a lot of pictures, not only of meals but also of foods in general when I'm at the market or happen to pass a particularly scrumptious-looking basket of fruit! It's especially bad when I'm traveling. Many of the photos you see on this post are from my year in Europe! My family sometimes thinks I'm a little nutty when I pull the camera out at dinner-time to snap a couple shots of the main course or even more often, the dessert. Yum!



And if you ever had any doubts about how much I love food, all you would have to do is take a quick peek at my Instagram...


On this blog, there will definitely be recipes, ideas, and numerous posts about food. It has become a passion of mine, and I intend to continue learning about it and loving it. Because who says healthy can't be delicious? One thing is for sure: eating delicious food is most certainly very classy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment