Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cool and Comfy

IMG_9875

IMG_9870

Something I've always known about myself, but have really been paying attention to these past few days, is how vast my interests are. Of course, my main focus is, and always will be, the performing arts, but I am drawn to other things, too. This blog, for example. My photography, my writing, reading, fashion, travel, are all interesting to me and I enjoy the time I spend on them. There is a common denominator, though, between all of these different hobbies: they're all very creative. I like using my mind in unconventional ways. I enjoy looking at the world through a camera lens because you can capture what you see in a way that someone else might not notice with their naked eye. I can describe my life experiences through writing in a way that is very different from someone else's experience. Similarly, I can dress myself differently every single day to reflect what it is I am feeling in that moment. Fashion is a great tool of self-expression that I have been exploring since I was a teenager.

IMG_9889

IMG_9857

Just as I have a number of different hobbies and ways to pass my time, I also find that I have quite a few different styles. I wouldn't say that my style is finite or rock solid. It's fluid and changes, depending on my mood. There are days, like this one, where I just want to be comfortable and channel my 90s "Full House" childhood. Other days, I really gravitate towards my vintage pieces. Some days, I have the urge to be as feminine as possible. Sometimes, I like to follow modern trends, like layering. There are times when I feel like I'm having an identity crisis with my clothes. However, the more I think about it, the more I like that about myself. I like that I can take the pieces in my closet and put them together into unlimited combinations to suit whatever I'm feeling. It's just one more way to let my creative mind blossom and make something unique.

IMG_9908

IMG_9899

We went to visit my cousin today at the University of Dayton and I knew that I was going to be spending a good portion of the day in a car, probably sleeping, if we're being honest. I wanted to be comfortable and ready for whatever weather, since you never know in our lovely state of Ohio. I just got this shirt yesterday and I'm already completely in love with it. I have a feeling it's about to be one of my go-to pieces that I throw on when I have no idea what to wear. It's simple, versatile, and insanely light. It has that easy-like-Sunday-morning vibe that you sometimes need when your mind is going a mile a minute and you just need to chill. Pair it with some fun jewelry, like this awesome hand piece and super earring pairing, and I felt cozy and chic all in one! Isn't it amazing how clothes can help you feel that way? At least for me they can...

Sep 7, 2014

IMG_9885

My ever-changing style will always be a big part of my personality. I really do enjoy taking the time in the morning to look through my clothes and put together an outfit that makes me feel my very best each day. I believe in "look good, feel good". This doesn't necessarily mean that I think the way I look is the most important thing about me, or even that I need to fit into any sort of predefined definition of "looking good". What it means is that I feel best when I know I took some time to put some effort into myself. I know that my confidence brightens when I'm happy in what I'm wearing, whether it fits into society's standards of "pretty" or not. But I'm about to get into a whole different topic, now, so I think I'll wrap this up here! What about you? How do you define your personal style?

No comments:

Post a Comment