Monday, September 8, 2014

Few Words

IMG_9788

IMG_9770

Tonight, I'm finding it difficult to put my thoughts into words. Mostly because my thoughts are not substantial enough at the moment to write anything particularly meaningful. While I could just put off this post until the words come to me, which could be in a day or so, I have found through experience that writing when you least want to can bring out some of the best work. Sometimes you need to just let yourself write in order to find what you were really trying to say. This is probably the fourth or fifth time I've tried to start writing, trying to come up with a topic that I could really expound upon, when in reality, all I needed to do was write about how much trouble I'm having writing. Sometimes, you don't need a lot of words. Sometimes the few words that you do have in your head are worth just as much time as the long, eloquent thoughts that rush out of you when you're feeling at your creative best.

IMG_9787

IMG_9792

If nothing else, finding this habit of writing every day, no matter what thoughts you may or may not have, keeps your mind active and helps you to later pluck those deeply buried ideas out of the cobweb-crusted corners of your brain. I've mentioned before about my Belgium blog and how, when I was writing on that blog daily, I found that I wrote some of my best poems, took some of best photos, and created some of my best art. It's an important part of the daily routine, even if it's short and sweet.

IMG_9769

IMG_9797

It took me a while to get them out, but I think these few words were very much needed on my part. Plus, they are accompanied by this cute outfit, which I think really exemplifies the idea of style fluidity that I was talking about yesterday. This business casual-ish look is quite different from the 90s drab that I was rocking yesterday!

P.S. I'm a little bit in love with this necklace. I bought it at a tiny little boutique in Westchester, PA and it's now one of my staples! Simple, lovely, and versatile. Basically, the perfect necklace.

I suppose my few words turned into quite a few words! That is what happens when you just let yourself go and let the writing take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment