Saturday, September 13, 2014

Inspiration // Positivity

IMG_8414

I really believe that we have the power to change our own lives. I also believe that if you want your life to change, you're the only one that can do it. It has been a difficult week. There have been ups and downs and twists and turns and this one week has felt like an entire year. Let's just say I'm glad it's over.

Even though nothing particularly catastrophic happened in my life this week, I have been particularly thoughtful. Mostly about how I spend my time and how I can make myself better, in what I do but also as a person. I have these thoughts often, especially as I'm approaching the end of my undergraduate education and thinking more seriously about moving and getting started with the next phase of my life. Every time, I come back to the same goal: stay positive.

Everything in life comes down to attitude. You can be the most talented, most skilled, most intelligent person on the planet, but if you have a poor attitude, that's what will come back to bite you in the end. I've been finding myself struggling to keep up the positivity the past few days, but I know that it is best that I continue to fight for it. It is an extremely important part of my life and my success. Positivity has the power to change you, and only you have the power to be positive. Really, YOU have the power to change YOU. So, if there's something in your life that you're unhappy about, you can change it. You just have to be willing to commit to making that change.

Life is fluid. It changes from day to day. I've been striving for positivity for a long time, most of the time with success! But, if we're all honest with ourselves, we all fall down. Sometimes it's not about making huge, permanent changes. Sometimes it's just about the little tweaks here and there to make our lives a little bit better every day.

I think I'm ready to make some changes. I'm ready, once again, to get back up and get positive. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment