Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bloopers

IMG_9694

Thanks to the notorious rainy weather of Cleveland, doing outfit photos has been out of my reach during the past week. So, I have been going through my photos to see what kinds of interesting posts I can put together until I have the chance to get outside and shoot. I think it's about time I do a "bloopers" post, or a post of some of those strange, sometimes hilarious photos that come out of the rapid fire of photography. My sister takes photos for me sometimes, and she has a way of catching me in some really awkward facial moments. Since it seems like I'm gaining some regular readers, I suppose it's high time you get a glimpse of candid me.

IMG_0595

IMG_9777

Jul 2, 2013

Doing this post get me thinking about the posed online world in which I spend a decent portion of my time. Things I post on the internet are things that I write, that I choose to expose and how I present them. In reality, that is just a very very small fraction of what my life really is. There are a thousand moments that are captured by other photographs, other people's sight, or even my own mind that never make it onto the internet. Now I'm not saying that should change. No, I like that I am picky about what goes online. I choose to be discrete, specific, and picky about what I share publicly, and don't believe that there is anything wrong with that.

IMG_9326

IMG_9750

Jul 29, 2013

Sometimes, we choose to take those less-than-perfect moments and shove them under the rug, rather than acknowledge that they exist. Well, bloopers are a part of life. They happen every day. We say things, do things, think things that we consider to be embarrassing or wrong, when a lot of the time, they are just little quirks that mean nothing. Tripping on the street, for instance, or that moment when the food on your fork falls into your lap instead of your mouth. Or the time you accidentally spit on the person you're talking to because you're so excited about what you have to say. These things happen all the time, and they're part of our humanity! Let's not make such a fuss about them, and acknowledge them for what they are: real-life bloopers, and not a big deal.

IMG_9692

IMG_9906

So, enjoy these sometimes strange, sometimes "embarrassing" photos of me. They are bloopers, and I am not ashamed! Embrace your bloopers, and learn to laugh at them. These are the unposed, candid pictures. These are the reality. What about you? What do you think about those little blooper moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment