Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween, A Few Days Late

IMG_0816

Well, it is November 5th, and I am just now posting about Halloween. We are at the time in our academic semester when we are in tech rehearsals for our show, which I will post more about later, meaning that all my time is pretty much given to school. I haven't even had time to catch up on reading the blogs that I follow, let alone post on my own. This post is even going to be fairly brief.

IMG_0852

IMG_0860

IMG_0808

This Halloween, I debated for weeks, as I normally do, about what I was going to dress up as for the holiday. Every year, I go back and forth between mediocre ideas and always end up settling on something pretty lame. This year, after spending an evening surrounded by animals at the Boo at the Zoo event near us, I decided to put some effort into my costume and go as a peacock! I did look up some stuff online, but I pretty much came up with the ideas by myself. I pulled together old dance pieces, and made my plume from peacock feathers that I bought at the craft store. The costume came together fairly quickly, and with my hair and makeup, I think I pulled it off pretty well!

IMG_0828

IMG_0834

IMG_0823

I went to three parties on Halloween night and it was a blast! The costume went over really well, too. With everything that I added to it, I think I was also sort of channeling a Vegas showgirl. I was very happy with it, and while all of these photos were just taken with an iPhone, I think they also turned out well. What did you go as for Halloween this year? Did you make your own costume?

IMG_0817

Note: I did my hair according to a mock-mohawk tutorial that Karmin posted years ago. You can find it on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment